Thursday, July 27, 2023

SPECIAL SERVICE AT BIGGIN HILL CHAPEL

 SPECIAL SERVICE AT BIGGIN HILL CHAPEL

A few weeks ago, I took most of my research notes on René Mouchotte to the Biggin Hill Museum

Whilst there I met one of the Vergers from the Biggin Hill Chapel - likes so many these days it is now in a combined parish which means that services are not held every Sunday.  Sunday, 27th August is the 80th Anniversary of René's death and I asked if there could be a special Commemorative Service.  At first it didn't seem possible as they already have some special services booked in for commemorations such as Battle of Britain Memorial Day.  Then last week I was informed that the Vicar had graciously agreed.

I've managed to get the French Air Attaché to attend and he will give the Eulogy and read René's Testament in French and English.  I am so pleased.


If you live anywhere near the Chapel at Biggin, do come to the service on Sunday, 27th August at 3.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOOTBALL OVERKILL

Have to admit I am not a sports fan and couldn't give a hoot about rugby and football but to suggest having a Bank Holiday to celebrate ...